Hacker News Reader
Read Hacker News front page right from Sublime Text.
- Total 494
- Win 193
- Mac 189
- Linux 112
|Jul 5||Jul 4||Jul 3||Jul 2||Jul 1||Jun 30||Jun 29||Jun 28||Jun 27||Jun 26||Jun 25||Jun 24||Jun 23||Jun 22||Jun 21||Jun 20||Jun 19||Jun 18||Jun 17||Jun 16||Jun 15||Jun 14||Jun 13||Jun 12||Jun 11||Jun 10||Jun 9||Jun 8||Jun 7||Jun 6||Jun 5||Jun 4||Jun 3||Jun 2||Jun 1||May 31||May 30||May 29||May 28||May 27||May 26||May 25||May 24||May 23||May 22|
Sublime Hacker News Reader
Because an image is better than a thousand lines of text, here it is:
This is my first public Python project, well this is my first Python project ever, I'm open to any constructive criticism. I think the code is currently bad, but I've mad it for myself first, and its works, so I'm fine. I'll make it better with more features. Maybe soon, maybe later.
This plugin is not in Package Control yet, I'll submit it soon, this version or a later one.
- Clean and fast
- Load the Hacker News Front Page in a Sublime Text menu
- Select and item to read comments or the article
- Quick view on the user profile
- Post comments
Submit any features request or bugs as issues, I'll be more than happy to work on them. This repo is also open to Pull Requests.
From here: Download and copy this folder to your packages directory
Package Control: Coming soon, I'll submit this package soon to Package Control so you'll be able to install it right within Sublime Text 2
Open the Command Palette and search for 'Hacker News Feed', you can also access this command from the tool menu in the first section. Feel free to bind it to any shortcut.
- ==Merge from thibaultCha ==
- Fixed plugin not launching on Sublime startup
- Fixed class naming convention
- ==Merge from thibaultCha ==
- Error message if your internet connection is down
- Keymap to CMD+OPTIONS+N for OSX, keymap for linux and Windows too
- Internal refactor
- You can get more info on the submiter
- Display vote and comments count.
- Correctly close menu and do no action when esc key is pressed.
- Rewrite using hn python API
- On item selection allow to open the article or the Hacker News comments
- First public version, this basic version only load and display the front page feed. Select ant item to open the link.
This plugin use and include hnapi
Copyright © 2012 by Thomas Ricouard.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.