Proof-reading and grammar checker for English, French, German, Polish and 20+ other languages
- Total 2K
- Win 1K
- OS X 346
- Linux 411
|May 25||May 24||May 23||May 22||May 21||May 20||May 19||May 18||May 17||May 16||May 15||May 14||May 13||May 12||May 11||May 10||May 9||May 8||May 7||May 6||May 5||May 4||May 3||May 2||May 1||Apr 30||Apr 29||Apr 28||Apr 27||Apr 26||Apr 25||Apr 24||Apr 23||Apr 22||Apr 21||Apr 20||Apr 19||Apr 18||Apr 17||Apr 16||Apr 15||Apr 14||Apr 13||Apr 12||Apr 11||Apr 10|
This is a simple adapter to integrate LanguageTool (an open source proof-reading program) into Sublime Text 2/3.
LanguageTool is an Open Source proofreading program for English, French, German, Polish, and more than 20 other languages. It finds many errors that a simple spell checker cannot detect and several grammar problems.
If you're using Package Control then open up the command palette
install, press Enter then type
languagetool and press Enter again.
To get the latest updates before they get released, install via
Control: Add Repository. This will update your plugin with new commits as
they are being pushed to the repo.
Open the file you want to proof-read then:
- Run a language check (ctrl+shift+c). Any problems identified by LanguageTool will be highlighted.
- Move between the problems using alt+down (next) and alt+up (previous).
- A panel at the bottom will display a brief description of the highlighted problem and suggest corrections if available.
- Begin typing to correct the selected problem or press alt+shift+f to apply the suggested correction.
- To ignore a problem, press alt+d.
- Auto-correcting a problem or ignoring it will move focus to the next problem.
All commands and their keyboard shortcuts are in the command palette with the
The adapter POSTs the text to be checked to a LanguageTool server via https.
There are two server settings (local and remote) that can be configured and
one must be selected as default (although command palette variants of
Text can be used to check text via a specific server).
The remote server is initially configured (in the file
https://languagetool.org:8081/. There are few limitations on
checking texts using this public server including:
- Maximum text size of 50Kb
- Access limited to 20 requests/minute per IP
(See http://wiki.languagetool.org/public-http-api for full details.)
For better performance and to check texts without the above limitations you can download LanguageTool then run and configure the adapter to use your own LanguageTool server.
This plugin is freely available under GPLv2 or later.
Feel free to fork and improve. All contributions are welcome.