Proof-reading and grammar checker for English, French, German, Polish and 20+ other languages
- Total 2K
- Win 1K
- OS X 435
- Linux 494
|Jul 24||Jul 23||Jul 22||Jul 21||Jul 20||Jul 19||Jul 18||Jul 17||Jul 16||Jul 15||Jul 14||Jul 13||Jul 12||Jul 11||Jul 10||Jul 9||Jul 8||Jul 7||Jul 6||Jul 5||Jul 4||Jul 3||Jul 2||Jul 1||Jun 30||Jun 29||Jun 28||Jun 27||Jun 26||Jun 25||Jun 24||Jun 23||Jun 22||Jun 21||Jun 20||Jun 19||Jun 18||Jun 17||Jun 16||Jun 15||Jun 14||Jun 13||Jun 12||Jun 11||Jun 10||Jun 9|
This is a simple adapter to integrate LanguageTool (an open source proof-reading program) into Sublime Text 2/3.
LanguageTool is an Open Source proofreading program for English, French, German, Polish, and more than 20 other languages. It finds many errors that a simple spell checker cannot detect and several grammar problems.
If you're using Package Control then open up the command palette
install, press Enter then type
languagetool and press Enter again.
To get the latest updates before they get released, install via
Control: Add Repository. This will update your plugin with new commits as
they are being pushed to the repo.
Open the file you want to proof-read then:
- Run a language check (ctrl+shift+c). Any problems identified by LanguageTool will be highlighted.
- Move between the problems using alt+down (next) and alt+up (previous).
- A panel at the bottom will display a brief description of the highlighted problem and suggest corrections if available.
- Begin typing to correct the selected problem or press alt+shift+f to apply the suggested correction.
- To ignore a problem, press alt+d.
- Auto-correcting a problem or ignoring it will move focus to the next problem.
All commands and their keyboard shortcuts are in the command palette with the
The adapter POSTs the text to be checked to a LanguageTool server via https.
There are two server settings (local and remote) that can be configured and
one must be selected as default (although command palette variants of
Text can be used to check text via a specific server).
The remote server is initially configured (in the file
https://languagetool.org:8081/. There are few limitations on
checking texts using this public server including:
- Maximum text size of 50Kb
- Access limited to 20 requests/minute per IP
(See http://wiki.languagetool.org/public-http-api for full details.)
For better performance and to check texts without the above limitations you can download LanguageTool then run and configure the adapter to use your own LanguageTool server.
This plugin is freely available under GPLv2 or later.
Feel free to fork and improve. All contributions are welcome.