Markdown Code Packer
include source code files unobtrusively in markdown notes (a Sublime Text 3 plugin)
- Total 105
- Win 56
- Mac 30
- Linux 19
|Oct 21||Oct 20||Oct 19||Oct 18||Oct 17||Oct 16||Oct 15||Oct 14||Oct 13||Oct 12||Oct 11||Oct 10||Oct 9||Oct 8||Oct 7||Oct 6||Oct 5||Oct 4||Oct 3||Oct 2||Oct 1||Sep 30||Sep 29||Sep 28||Sep 27||Sep 26||Sep 25||Sep 24||Sep 23||Sep 22||Sep 21||Sep 20||Sep 19||Sep 18||Sep 17||Sep 16||Sep 15||Sep 14||Sep 13||Sep 12||Sep 11||Sep 10||Sep 9||Sep 8||Sep 7|
Markdown Code Packer
Packs code and files into markdown documents. This Sublime 3 plugin converts code blocks to compressed, single-line comments to improve visibility.
For my personal note taking and note sharing, I often want to save all project code in my Markdown documents. But too many code blocks disrupt the reading flow and there is no way to extract all files. This plugin allows to pack and unpack code blocks/files in a document.
- show off a technical spike), but also keep the needed but boring config files
- include a lengthy CSV table you want to send along for reference
- archive a set of files as a starter template for a project
- include a small asset in your note, so you don't have to keep it as an additional file
- archive the contents of an external blog article without overloading your document
Up until now, I solved these use cases by creating a gist, put files in an
assets/ folder or zip the whole document along with its files.
This plugin removes the need for these.
Markdown Code Packer: Pack: Pack selected code block(s)
Markdown Code Packer: Unpack: Unpack selected code block(s)
Markdown Code Packer: Extract Selection to Folder: Extract selected blocks to a folder (filename can include relative path)
Markdown Code Packer: Extract All to Folder: Extract all blocks in the document to a folder
Markdown Code Packer: Pack Folder: Insert all files of a folder into the document
You can also include binary files (e.g. images)
Extract All to Folder
- Test: Use for playing around - also includes an a binary file (image) to extract
- My Mac Setup: Includes packed config files
- Webpack: Includes mini-projects, make sure to select one and then extract it to a folder
- With Package Control: Open the command palette and run the
Package Control: Install Packagecommand, find and install the
Markdown Code Packerplugin.
- Manually: Clone or download git repository into your packages folder (to find the folder run the command
Preferences - Browse Packages).
If you are wondering what
[] means: These are references to other notes (see Sublime ZK for more info).
`optional_filename`: ```optional_type // code ```
For packing I chose deflate and then base64 (see [assets/FormatChoice.md] for more info).
Please create an issue if you find a bug or fix it and make a pull request. For direct contact, please find my email on tomrothe.de.
- Use functools.partial (MarkdownCodePacker.py#L37)
file_pathvariable from extract_variables
- VSCode plugin?
- Command line tool (with brew formula)?
- remember/infer file type for fenced code blocks