A Sublime Text plugin to move through and reform things
- Total 710
- Win 257
- OS X 309
- Linux 144
|Jun 20||Jun 19||Jun 18||Jun 17||Jun 16||Jun 15||Jun 14||Jun 13||Jun 12||Jun 11||Jun 10||Jun 9||Jun 8||Jun 7||Jun 6||Jun 5||Jun 4||Jun 3||Jun 2||Jun 1||May 31||May 30||May 29||May 28||May 27||May 26||May 25||May 24||May 23||May 22||May 21||May 20||May 19||May 18||May 17||May 16||May 15||May 14||May 13||May 12||May 11||May 10||May 9||May 8||May 7||May 6|
This thing enables you to move through and reform your code like magic. At least it aims to do it :)
Here is a list of supported commands:
|find_word_up||ctrl+up||Jump to previous occurrence of a word at cursor|
|find_word_down||ctrl+down||Jump to next occurrence of a word at cursor|
|def_up||alt+up||Jump to previous function or class declaration|
|def_down||alt+down||Jump to next function or class declaration|
|smart_up||alt+[||Jump to previous declaration or block2|
|smart_down||alt+]||Jump to next declaration or block2|
|move_word_right||ctrl+alt+/||Swap word at cursor with a next one|
|move_word_left||ctrl+alt+.||Swap word at cursor with a previous one|
|move_block_up||ctrl+alt+;||Swap block with a previous one|
|move_block_down||ctrl+alt+'||Swap block with a next one|
|expand_next_word||alt+d||Expand selection to next word matching one at cursor1|
|select_scope_words||alt+shift+d||Select words in function scope matching word at cursor1,3|
|select_scope_up||ctrl+shift+;||Select block2/function/class at cursor, select enclosing one on next hit3|
|select_scope_down||ctrl+shift+'||Undo last select_scope_up|
|delete_block||ctrl+alt+d||Delete block at cursor with appropriate adjusting empty lines|
|extract_expr||alt+enter||Extract selected expression into an assignment4|
|inline_expr||alt+=||Inline variable defined on line at cursor|
* Current key bindings are very experimental, especially on OS X.
1 Matches only whole words, case-sensitive, comments and strings are skipped.
2 Block is a adjacent commented lines or a blob of text surrounded with empty lines.
3 Works for python, js, plain text. Tries to work for other languages.
4 Works for python, js, ruby, php (and any languages with no keyword to define var).
- Install Package Control.
- Bring up the Command Palette with Ctrl+Shift+p (Cmd+Shift+p on OS X).
- Select “Package Control: Install Package” (it'll take a few seconds).
- Select or type in “Reform” when the list appears.
I have plans. Here is a list if you want to help and looking where to start:
- Move functions up and down.
- Better select words in scope: expand to next scope on subsequent hit, autodetect name scope.
- Break long lines.
- Break long strings, several variants including switching to multiline separators.
- Reform dicts (object literals) from one-line to multi-line and back.
- Same for calls, calls with keyword arguments, array literals.
- Reform multiline list, set, dict comprehensions and generator expressions.
- Align =, =>, :, \ and other punctuation
- Switch brackets, parentheses, whatever.
- Move blocks respecting functions.
Also, support for more programming languages for language-dependent commands will help.