Valve's KV Syntax, Snippets, and plugins for Dota 2 Workshop's custom gamemode developers. Version 1.0.4 (Jan 29th 2015)
- Total 8K
- Win 8K
- Mac 93
- Linux 97
|Dec 1||Nov 30||Nov 29||Nov 28||Nov 27||Nov 26||Nov 25||Nov 24||Nov 23||Nov 22||Nov 21||Nov 20||Nov 19||Nov 18||Nov 17||Nov 16||Nov 15||Nov 14||Nov 13||Nov 12||Nov 11||Nov 10||Nov 9||Nov 8||Nov 7||Nov 6||Nov 5||Nov 4||Nov 3||Nov 2||Nov 1||Oct 31||Oct 30||Oct 29||Oct 28||Oct 27||Oct 26||Oct 25||Oct 24||Oct 23||Oct 22||Oct 21||Oct 20||Oct 19||Oct 18|
Dota 2 KV Package 1.0.3
Unlike my Lua Snippets project, this is a Package. The package consists of custom syntax highlighting and Snippets. The Snippets consist of all the KV pairs, modifiers, and constants.
- Bhargav Patel - Creator and maintainer until release 1.0.3
- Martin Noya - He is responsible for the current (V1.0.3) update
Chose either of the methods listed below. I suggest everyone use Method 1
I have uploaded the mod as a submission to Sublime Package Control. This means when I update the package, it will update on your system automatically. The ideal method is as follows:
- Install Sublime Package Control
- Open Command Pallet (CNTRL+SHIFT+P), type “Install Package” then press Enter.
- Once the list of packages has been cached, type “Dota KV” then press Enter.
- Restart Sublime text. Sometimes the Snippets wont work right after the install even if you have the syntax set as Dota KV (in above gif I have it set as Conjure but even when I had set it as Dota KV the Snippets didnt show until restart)
If you do not wish to install via Sublime Package Control, your version of the package will not be automatically updated when I update. The steps are as follows.
- Download repo as a zip file.
- Extract all the files into a folder called “Dota KV”
- In Sublime text, click on Preferences > Browse Packages. Move the “Dota KV” folder in the explorer instance that pops up.
Snippets for Functions
Supported Functions so far. They are all that are listed on Hex6's website. The “Triggers” for these is same as their name. When you start typing, first letter has to be capital.. I plan on adding the others used in creation of heroes/units in a couple of days. * Random * Target * States * SpendCharge * OnProjectileHit * OnOwnerSpawned * OnOwnerDied * OnSpellStart * OnToggleOn * OnToggleOff * OnChannelFinish * OnAttackStart * OnDeath * OnKill * OnTakeDamage * OnThinkInterval * OnCreated * Properties - Modifiers “Properties” sub-function * Modifiers - Used to create new modifiers * Orb * MoveUnit * CleaveAttack * ReplaceUnit * SpawnUnit * TrackingProjectile * Damage * CreateThinker * CreateThinkerWall * ApplyModifier * RemoveModifier * KnockBack * LifeSteal * FireSound * FireEffect * Heal
Completions for Constants
There are above 1400 constants that I have added. I will not list them here, you can simply open constants.sublime-completions in Sublime Text to see them. Unlike snippets, constants are case agnostic. First letter not need be capital.
Methods of using Constants
- You can start typing words which you can think of and press Cntrl + Space to see a list.
- Type a completion as best you can and simply press TAB. You can then iterate over the completion by pressing TAB.
Here is a list which states them by category.
|Random Crit Type||randomType||DOTA_PSEUDO_RANDOM_BREWMASTER_CRIT|
|Unit Target Team||unitTargetTeam||DOTA_UNIT_TARGET_TEAM_CUSTOM|
|Unit Target Flags||unitTargetFlag||DOTA_UNIT_TARGET_FLAG_RANGED_ONLY|
- As I said before: Triggers arent as sensitive as Snippets. Type anyword that comes inside the Trigger and you should see a popup.
- Hex6 - His website where a lot of the data was taken from thanks to it's raw format.
- Many members like RoyAwesome who populate the Valve's wiki.