Valve's KV Syntax, Snippets, and plugins for Dota 2 Workshop's custom gamemode developers. Version 1.0.4 (Jan 29th 2015)
- Total 6K
- Win 5K
- Mac 85
- Linux 81
|Jan 18||Jan 17||Jan 16||Jan 15||Jan 14||Jan 13||Jan 12||Jan 11||Jan 10||Jan 9||Jan 8||Jan 7||Jan 6||Jan 5||Jan 4||Jan 3||Jan 2||Jan 1||Dec 31||Dec 30||Dec 29||Dec 28||Dec 27||Dec 26||Dec 25||Dec 24||Dec 23||Dec 22||Dec 21||Dec 20||Dec 19||Dec 18||Dec 17||Dec 16||Dec 15||Dec 14||Dec 13||Dec 12||Dec 11||Dec 10||Dec 9||Dec 8||Dec 7||Dec 6||Dec 5||Dec 4|
Dota 2 KV Package 1.0.3
Unlike my Lua Snippets project, this is a Package. The package consists of custom syntax highlighting and Snippets. The Snippets consist of all the KV pairs, modifiers, and constants.
- Bhargav Patel - Creator and maintainer until release 1.0.3
- Martin Noya - He is responsible for the current (V1.0.3) update
Chose either of the methods listed below. I suggest everyone use Method 1
I have uploaded the mod as a submission to Sublime Package Control. This means when I update the package, it will update on your system automatically. The ideal method is as follows:
- Install Sublime Package Control
- Open Command Pallet (CNTRL+SHIFT+P), type “Install Package” then press Enter.
- Once the list of packages has been cached, type “Dota KV” then press Enter.
- Restart Sublime text. Sometimes the Snippets wont work right after the install even if you have the syntax set as Dota KV (in above gif I have it set as Conjure but even when I had set it as Dota KV the Snippets didnt show until restart)
If you do not wish to install via Sublime Package Control, your version of the package will not be automatically updated when I update. The steps are as follows.
- Download repo as a zip file.
- Extract all the files into a folder called “Dota KV”
- In Sublime text, click on Preferences > Browse Packages. Move the “Dota KV” folder in the explorer instance that pops up.
Snippets for Functions
Supported Functions so far. They are all that are listed on Hex6's website. The “Triggers” for these is same as their name. When you start typing, first letter has to be capital.. I plan on adding the others used in creation of heroes/units in a couple of days. * Random * Target * States * SpendCharge * OnProjectileHit * OnOwnerSpawned * OnOwnerDied * OnSpellStart * OnToggleOn * OnToggleOff * OnChannelFinish * OnAttackStart * OnDeath * OnKill * OnTakeDamage * OnThinkInterval * OnCreated * Properties - Modifiers “Properties” sub-function * Modifiers - Used to create new modifiers * Orb * MoveUnit * CleaveAttack * ReplaceUnit * SpawnUnit * TrackingProjectile * Damage * CreateThinker * CreateThinkerWall * ApplyModifier * RemoveModifier * KnockBack * LifeSteal * FireSound * FireEffect * Heal
Completions for Constants
There are above 1400 constants that I have added. I will not list them here, you can simply open constants.sublime-completions in Sublime Text to see them. Unlike snippets, constants are case agnostic. First letter not need be capital.
Methods of using Constants
- You can start typing words which you can think of and press Cntrl + Space to see a list.
- Type a completion as best you can and simply press TAB. You can then iterate over the completion by pressing TAB.
Here is a list which states them by category.
|Random Crit Type||randomType||DOTA_PSEUDO_RANDOM_BREWMASTER_CRIT|
|Unit Target Team||unitTargetTeam||DOTA_UNIT_TARGET_TEAM_CUSTOM|
|Unit Target Flags||unitTargetFlag||DOTA_UNIT_TARGET_FLAG_RANGED_ONLY|
- As I said before: Triggers arent as sensitive as Snippets. Type anyword that comes inside the Trigger and you should see a popup.
- Hex6 - His website where a lot of the data was taken from thanks to it's raw format.
- Many members like RoyAwesome who populate the Valve's wiki.