In-line documentation display in Sublime Text
- Total 28
- Win 11
- Mac 10
- Linux 7
|Aug 9||Aug 8||Aug 7||Aug 6||Aug 5||Aug 4||Aug 3||Aug 2||Aug 1||Jul 31||Jul 30||Jul 29||Jul 28||Jul 27||Jul 26||Jul 25||Jul 24||Jul 23||Jul 22||Jul 21||Jul 20||Jul 19||Jul 18||Jul 17||Jul 16||Jul 15||Jul 14||Jul 13||Jul 12||Jul 11||Jul 10||Jul 9||Jul 8||Jul 7||Jul 6||Jul 5||Jul 4||Jul 3||Jul 2||Jul 1||Jun 30||Jun 29||Jun 28||Jun 27||Jun 26|
In-line documentation display in Sublime Text.
- finds definitions and documentation
- displays as a popup (below text) or annotation (to the right side)
- hyperlink to quickly move to the definition, or open it in a transient view
- configure popups to show with hover, double click, or key binding
- toggle how hyperlinks work with ctrl key (Windows only)
Is this package right for me?
If you haven't heard of the LSP package before then please go look at it! It is a very cool plugin that talks to language servers for your language of choice to get more intelligent information about your code.
That being said, there are certain situations in which this package is more useful. HoverDocs is lightweight, doesn't require the installation of additional language servers, and doesn't require any complex environment setup. If any of these situations sound like they apply to you, then you've come to the right place.
You can install the package with Package Control or manually.
Install with Package Control
- Press Ctrl+Shift+P (or Cmd+Shift+P on Mac) to open the Command Palette
- Select Package Control: Install Package
- Select HoverDocs
- Click the Preferences > Browse Packages… menu, this should open a folder Packages.
- Download https://github.com/gladclef/HoverDocs and move it to that directory.
- Restart Sublime Text.
There's some example key bindings available. Go to Preferences > Package Settings > HoverDocs > Key Bindings to set them.
I've only tested this package with python code. It should be compatible with any language. If you try it and have any issues, please let me know!