In-line documentation display in Sublime Text
- Total 115
- Win 58
- Mac 32
- Linux 25
|Dec 1||Nov 30||Nov 29||Nov 28||Nov 27||Nov 26||Nov 25||Nov 24||Nov 23||Nov 22||Nov 21||Nov 20||Nov 19||Nov 18||Nov 17||Nov 16||Nov 15||Nov 14||Nov 13||Nov 12||Nov 11||Nov 10||Nov 9||Nov 8||Nov 7||Nov 6||Nov 5||Nov 4||Nov 3||Nov 2||Nov 1||Oct 31||Oct 30||Oct 29||Oct 28||Oct 27||Oct 26||Oct 25||Oct 24||Oct 23||Oct 22||Oct 21||Oct 20||Oct 19||Oct 18|
In-line documentation display in Sublime Text.
- finds definitions and documentation
- displays as a popup (below text) or annotation (to the right side)
- hyperlink to quickly move to the definition, or open it in a transient view
- configure popups to show with hover, double click, or key binding
- toggle how hyperlinks work with ctrl key (Windows only)
Is this package right for me?
If you haven't heard of the LSP package before then please go look at it! It is a very cool plugin that talks to language servers for your language of choice to get more intelligent information about your code.
That being said, there are certain situations in which this package is more useful. HoverDocs is lightweight, doesn't require the installation of additional language servers, and doesn't require any complex environment setup. If any of these situations sound like they apply to you, then you've come to the right place.
You can install the package with Package Control or manually.
Install with Package Control
- Press Ctrl+Shift+P (or Cmd+Shift+P on Mac) to open the Command Palette
- Select Package Control: Install Package
- Select HoverDocs
- Click the Preferences > Browse Packages… menu, this should open a folder Packages.
- Download https://github.com/gladclef/HoverDocs and move it to that directory.
- Restart Sublime Text.
There's some example key bindings available. Go to Preferences > Package Settings > HoverDocs > Key Bindings to set them.
I've only tested this package with python code. It should be compatible with any language. If you try it and have any issues, please let me know!