Syntax highlighting, autocompletion, and Goto Symbol/Anything for the Jai language in Sublime Text 3.
- Total 441
- Win 268
- Mac 102
- Linux 71
|Sep 29||Sep 28||Sep 27||Sep 26||Sep 25||Sep 24||Sep 23||Sep 22||Sep 21||Sep 20||Sep 19||Sep 18||Sep 17||Sep 16||Sep 15||Sep 14||Sep 13||Sep 12||Sep 11||Sep 10||Sep 9||Sep 8||Sep 7||Sep 6||Sep 5||Sep 4||Sep 3||Sep 2||Sep 1||Aug 31||Aug 30||Aug 29||Aug 28||Aug 27||Aug 26||Aug 25||Aug 24||Aug 23||Aug 22||Aug 21||Aug 20||Aug 19||Aug 18||Aug 17||Aug 16|
Syntax highlighting, project-wide autocompletion, and Goto Symbol/Anything/Definition for the Jai language in Sublime Text 3. Thank you to GreenLightning for their contributions.
As you probably know, this language is not officially released yet, but the demonstrations of the language by Jonathan Blow and Abner Coimbre have been very promising, so the purpose of this package is to help people hit the ground running when the language is released.
All present and future features of JaiTools will always be exceedingly simple to use. This package strives to never interrupt your flow or waste your battery. Of course, JaiTools will be continually updated as the language evolves. Please be aware that some language features are not supported yet, as implementing and testing them properly requires access to the Jai compiler.
For the best experience, make sure you set your other autocompletion packages to ignore .jai files, otherwise you might receive duplicate/unhelpful completion suggestions. Other than that, you're good to go!
Begin typing a procedure call to view the matching symbols in your project. Type more to narrow down the list, or use the arrow keys to pick the right procedure. Hit Tab to complete it and jump to its parameter, hit Tab again to jump to the second parameter, etc.
Goto Symbol (ctrl+R/cmd+R) shows all the top-level symbols in the file including procedure parameters, so you can easily tell the difference between multiple overloaded procedures. Nested procedures (procedures defined locally inside other procedures) are also shown with indentation to indicate the scope heirarchy. Goto Symbol in Project (shift+ctrl+R/shift+cmd+R) shows all top-level symbols in your project, but doesn't show procedure parameters (yet).
- [x] More efficient file indexing
- [x] Regex performance improvements
- [ ] Recognise syntax for parameters with default values
- [ ] Add setting to disable completions
- [ ] Gather completions for enum members correctly
- [ ] Improved handling of #hashtags and other metaprogramming labels
- [ ] Add support for structs with parameters
- [ ] Gather completions from Jai scratch buffers (files without a location on disk)
- [ ] Integrate with Sublime Text's build system in order to support in-code errors and warnings
- [ ] Better support for Jai's polymorphism features
- [ ] Smart struct-member and enum-member inspection
Suggestions, issues, pull requests and other contributions are very welcome!