Lint Jenkins' Jenkinsfile via SSH
- Total 179
- Win 179
- OS X 0
- Linux 0
|Jul 18||Jul 17||Jul 16||Jul 15||Jul 14||Jul 13||Jul 12||Jul 11||Jul 10||Jul 9||Jul 8||Jul 7||Jul 6||Jul 5||Jul 4||Jul 3||Jul 2||Jul 1||Jun 30||Jun 29||Jun 28||Jun 27||Jun 26||Jun 25||Jun 24||Jun 23||Jun 22||Jun 21||Jun 20||Jun 19||Jun 18||Jun 17||Jun 16||Jun 15||Jun 14||Jun 13||Jun 12||Jun 11||Jun 10||Jun 9||Jun 8||Jun 7||Jun 6||Jun 5||Jun 4||Jun 3|
Jenkinsfile is a plugin for Sublime Text.
- Securely (ssh) lint your Jenkinsfile (What is a Jenkinsfile?) inside of Sublime Text
- Lint against Jenkins cloud instance if ssh access is unavailble on your primary environment
Jenkins includes Pipeline Development Tools as shown on Jenkins.io…
Jenkins can validate, or “lint”, a Declarative Pipeline from the command line before actually running it. This can be done using a Jenkins CLI command or by making an HTTP POST request with appropriate parameters. We recommended using the SSH interface to run the linter. See the Jenkins CLI documentation for details on how to properly configure Jenkins for secure command-line access.
- Sublime Text - obviously
Jenkinsfile uses a number of open source projects to work properly: * Python - a programming language changes the world * SSH - a cryptographic network protocol for operating network services securely over an unsecured network
And of course Jenkinsfile itself is open source with a public Git repository on GitHub.
How to install
With Package Control: 1. First step is done with Package Control or manually - With Package Control Run “Package Control: Install Package” command, find and install Jenkinsfile plugin.
- ***Manually*** *(without Package Control)*: Clone or download from [git][jenkinsfilegh] into your packages folder (in ST, find Browse Packages… menu item to open this folder). note: You must clone or download into a directory named "Jenkinsfile" and not sublime-Jenkinsfile.
- Restart Sublime Text (if required)
Currently you must use Pageant (Windows) to create a session that can authenticate via ssh to your Jenkins host. The name of the session must match the configured value of
pageant_session (default is “jenkins”) as shown:
Now whenever you have are editing a Jenkinsfile (must be named as such) and save the file, the plugin will invoke the remote instance of the Jenkins declarative-linter. The file can also be linted without saving by using the keyboard shortcut (cntl-alt-j by default)
- Pipeline the whole enchilada (CT/CI/CD)
- Add support for Linux, OSX
- Add hosted Jenkins validation