AsciiDoc Package for Sublime Text2
- Total 6K
- Win 2K
- OS X 2K
- Linux 1K
|Mar 21||Mar 20||Mar 19||Mar 18||Mar 17||Mar 16||Mar 15||Mar 14||Mar 13||Mar 12||Mar 11||Mar 10||Mar 9||Mar 8||Mar 7||Mar 6||Mar 5||Mar 4||Mar 3||Mar 2||Mar 1||Feb 28||Feb 27||Feb 26||Feb 25||Feb 24||Feb 23||Feb 22||Feb 21||Feb 20||Feb 19||Feb 18||Feb 17||Feb 16||Feb 15||Feb 14||Feb 13||Feb 12||Feb 11||Feb 10||Feb 9||Feb 8||Feb 7||Feb 6||Feb 5||Feb 4|
AsciiDoc Package for Sublime Text 2
It adds syntax highlighting and snippets for AsciiDoc language to Sublime Text 2 editor.
My work is based on the Christian Zuckschwerdt's AsciiDoc TextMate bundle.
Sublime Text 2 is compatible with Textmate editor for OS X snippets, preferences and languages file. However, even though it can recognize the Textmate snippets, some features such as tab completion, shortcut commands do not work out of the box.
My work is to overcome these limitations.
All the files provided here are tested in Windows 7 and OS X Lion.
To install the package, follow these steps:
- Download the zip containing src files.
- Extract the files to AsciiDoc folder (create this folder if not present already) under:
%APPDATA%\Sublime Text 2\Packages\
- OS X:
~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages
- Portable Installation:
Sublime Text 2/Data
- Close all instances of Sublime Text 2 editor and relaunch the editor.
If successful, you should see AsciiDoc entry under
View > Syntax and under
Tools > Snippets.
Note: Snippets may take few seconds to load under Windows.
- Create a new file, save it as
- Start typing AsciiDoc!
Snippets can be inserted anywhere by using the menu command
Tools > Snippets > AsciiDoc or by typing two initial characters and hitting tab to complete.
Few tab completion examples are:
- Comments (type
- Headings (type
h4 TABfor one-liner versions)
- Table generation (type
- Tab expansion for blocks (type
- Sidebar block (type
Basic support for some handy shortcuts are now available:
- Bold selection: Select some text and then press
- _Italic_ize selection: Select some text and then press
- Mark selection as Code literal: Select some text and then press
- Mark selection as filename: Select some text and then press
ctrl+b overrides the standard key binding of
Tools > Build System. If this bothers you, you can edit the
.sublime-keymap files (based on your OS) under
Time permitting, I'll add more shortcuts but meanwhile if you come upon something useful, feel free to submit a patch!
Following are planned enhancements for the package:
- Add keyboard shortcuts for various commands such bold text, italics, blocks etc.
- Adding Build system to preview as HTML or PDF.
Your suggestions are welcome.
Author & Credits
Created by Hrusikesh Panda. Copy left or right, as you wish.
Credit goes to Christian Zuckschwerdt for his original work on AsciiDoc TextMate bundle.